We all have the, I’m sure. Little things we do that have supernatural backgrounds. We do them because of our culture, or perhaps just because everyone else does and old habits die hard.
Me, I finally shook the “god” part but just can’t seem to find an alternative for “bless you!” after a sneeze. It just seems rude, no matter what the origin.
Others don’t make as a much sense. Did you know black cats are still the hardest to find homes? I like to boast at times of wanting to brave and wave in the face of the supernatural. Just for curiosities sake. Live exorcism? Yes please!
For the sake of being brief, I’ll list me own absurd quirks and see what everyone can add, or comment:
– I don’t pick up a penny when it’s face down.
– I throw salt over my should when spilled.
– You could not pay me to do Bloody Mary in a mirror.
– Same with a Ouji board, can’t be in the same house with one.
– My husband had a dream when he was little of Pennywise the Clown saying if he ever slept in his parents room, he’d kill him. I plan on burning that part of the house when/if it’s left to us and never sleeping in that area of land.
Silly. I know. Fear based, yes. I do proudly own a black cat though. Mom calls him my familiar. 😉
What about you? Do you truly believe yours crossing? Think they’re silly? Have any alternatives or opposite a to action new quirks?